Monday 30 May 2011

Our First Job

Our first job on 'the farm' is to try to get control of the blackberries. Blackberries are notoriously difficult to get rid of. We are hoping to get them under control without the use of sprays and chemicals.
I hear the best way is to get some goats in to clear the brambles then some pigs to dig up the roots. This is my preferred option but not one we can really consider without being down there.
I think we will need to be happy with just cutting them back every time we visit and at least not let them spread any further.
I've read blogs where people have been fighting them for decades! Oh my. I would like to keep some of them as they are yummy!
When we were down at 'the farm' in February, the blackberries were ripe and black and juicy. I gorged on them slightly lamenting their bleak future...

Here are some photos of 'the farm' in February.














No comments: