Monday 18 January 2016

Lift-off!

Holy crap our house build has started!

Last Tuesday the 12th of January the guys moved in and started digging the foundations and underslab drainage.

There's a lovely symmetry in the date as it marked exactly 5 years since we settle on the land.

Our builder Dennis tells me the slab will be poured this Thursday with the build continuing after that weekend. He has promised me photos - he better deliver.

I'm so excited I can't contain myself! Weeee!!

The glazier has offered us an upgrade to double glazing from the single pain low-e glass for an extra $3000. We're taking it obviously. It's too good an opportunity. It definitely adds value to the building.

I've also asked about upgrading the painted cement sheeted gable end to corten weathering steel. I don't like my chances. But you never know if you don't ask.

Finally, while I was in Sydney I found myself in the Optus store in Macquarie Centre. Shopping for a tablet they didn't have what I wanted. As I left I noticed the floor...



It's our floor!!! I was finally able to see how the tiles looked laid in a real situation.
And I likey a lot ☺

No comments: