Friday 25 September 2015

Landslide

Not us, thank goodness.

Planning approval from council was delayed as we waited for confirmation from geo-types that the house wasn't going to slide down the hill.

It won't. We have a piece of paper to prove it. It cost $880.

We received planning approval yesterday and now the working drawings can be put in for the building and plumbing permits.

I met with our builder in Hobart this week to finalise the plans for submission.

I just love our builder. He doesn't scoff or roll his eyes when I have a crazy idea.

This is all very, very exciting. Patience is indeed a virtue in this situation.

To keep me busy I have started my first little DIY project for the house.

We have a dining table as old as Geoff that came from his parents when they downsized. We got rid of the chairs when we left Sydney. They were bulky and a bit too hard to sand back. But the dining table was definitely worth keeping.

I'm trying for a funky black legs and stained wood table kinda like this one;


I can't find a photo of the whole table pre-zhoosh but I have pictures of it in pieces.

Here is the first leg (literally!!) of my project;
I had started sanding before I took the 'before' photo.
I think Geoff took over at this point...
One down, one to go.
Sanded and stained. It looks a bit the same... but better - I promise!!!




No comments: